Beijing Eastbank Academy of Music(BEAM), located at the heart of Beijing, is a professional music school connecting musicians’ dreams with world stages. We place a great emphasis on the balance of music, English and Chinese courses to cultivate young adults with an international vision and a rich cultural heritage for them to develop into first-rate artists with wisdom, charisma and versatility.
At BEAM, we respect the individuality of each student, motivate students with interest and furnish them with the ability to apply knowledge. Courses are designed to suit students’ individual characteristics and needs and tailor to a professional music education with diversified competence fields and unlimited possibilities.
We know the importance of building a solid academic foundation and knowledge system for the students, and offer academic courses in Chinese, mathematics, English, second languages, science, humanity, and many more.
With our world-class faculty roster, a strictly controlled faculty-student ratio, and a comfortable and safe learning environment, we create a disciplined and vibrant learning atmosphere and provide a curriculum that tailors to the needs of each student. Our graduates continue their education in top music schools, liberal art colleges and comprehensive universities worldwide.
BEAM looks for faculty and staff with the following qualities:
- Perseverance and dedication; to seek excellence in quality, not merely to meet quantitative standardsl.
- A global vision, a professional academic attitude and an ever-improving spirit.
- Enthusiasm in education; to care for students and focus on their learning.
- Flexibility, good moral characters, open-mindedness and respect.
- Teamwork ability; to contribute to the BEAM culture with fellow colleagues.
In turn, BEAM will offer you:
- Trust and Respect
We value trust, respect and open communication in building a comfortable, friendly and harmonious work environment.
- Competitive Compensation
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package among our peers: seven insurances and a housing fund for qualified employees (supplement Medical Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance), nutritionally balanced breakfast and lunch, and holiday gifts; we have a complete salary management system including paid overtime; free music education for you and your children after one year of employment.
- Career Development Opportunities
We support employees in achieving their personal development goals. At BEAM, you will get to know world-class musicians and enhance all-round capabilities through the personal development courses that we offer.
Music Theory Teacher
The Music Theory Teacher is responsible to the director of Classical Music Study and to carry forward the creative and pioneering music program at BEAM. The role of Music Theory Teacher, would suit an experienced educator who can teach the core IG and A-level components, possessing strong skills in theory and analysis.
The successful candidate will:
1. Demonstrate and maintain a sound knowledge of the subject area and the curriculum, including IGCSE, A Level, IB, etc.
2. Plan and deliver well-structured lessons, make accurate and productive use of assessment, and clearly communicate the requirement of examinations.
3. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge students
4. Work closely with the director of Classical Music Study to evaluate and develop the music program offered to students and the teaching strategies used.
5. Initiate, support and promote cross-curricular and cross-disciplinary collaborations.
6. Cooperate fully and professionally in school activities.
1. Master’s degree or higher; bachelor’s degree in mathematics;
2. Proficient in music theory, music history, etc.
3. Have clear understanding of university entry requirements.
4. Ideal candidate should demonstrate strong team spirit, solid subject knowledge, as well as great enthusiasm for music education.
5. Preferred at least 3 years of high/secondary school music teaching experience.